Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ouch!

I had no idea what to really expect after a heart catheterization. Most of the stuff they told me to watch for had to do with bleeding, swelling, etc. I had none of those things. Just pain. It wasn't bad when I first got home, so I tried to do most of the normal things we do at home....get the kids fed, cleaned and put to bed. I then sat at my computer and typed the long blog about my cath. It was just after I finished that blog when I was shocked with a huge pain. I thought for sure I was going to be gushing blood and we were going to have to call 911, as instructed if it bleeds heavily. I called Marlo and he helped me walk to bed. OUCH! The puncture site was very crampy and painful. Thankfully, there was no blood, swelling, hottness, etc. I got in bed and kept my leg very still. The pain went away within 20 minutes or so. I guess I should have got right into bed when I came home.

The night was fine. I slept pretty well. There is some pain and tenderness today. It's not that bad.

What stinks is that Lily woke up with a fever and then threw up all over the living room. She wants to be held at all times. Thankfully, Marlo is home today and Gabe was able to go to school for a few hours.

This whole cath experience made me forget about my impending surgery, for a little while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment