Friday, June 19, 2009

Meeting the surgeon later this morning

Today is the day I meet my surgeon, Dr. Myles Guber. I feel confidence in him already because he was named Denver's "Top Doc" for Thorasic Surgery. I hear that he's all business, with a bedside manner that's lacking something....we'll see. I'm fine if he doesn't want to hug me or hold my hand, smile reassuringly. I have Marlo for that.

I've decided to meet him looking like the vibrant, healthy woman that I felt like I was a few weeks ago. No sweat pants, messy ponytail or gloom and doom face for me. I'm going to put on some lips and do my hair. I don't want to look like someone with heart disease. I want him to see that I love my life and I want to fight for it and I want him to fight for me. He might not even notice, being "all business," but that's ok. I'll notice. Marlo will notice.

2 comments:

  1. Good Girl Amy! Be positive and do what will help up to stay that way...alittle lipstick and earrings go a long way for me.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy your blog made me laugh and cry and learn a whole lot! You are so right, I think attitude has so much to do with it. You are doing great! None of us know what you are going through, but we all want to do what ever we can to help you and Marlo and Gabe and Lily get to the better side of this as easily as possible. If it's food - my personal favorite form of support, besides alcohol, of course - or babysitting or even house cleaning :-), we'll do what we can. I truly believe with all my, uh, heart (no pun intended) you will pull through this with flying colors. I mean that in the best possible way - hoping that you don't think I am minimizing what a huge thing this is. You know us girls, we are always here to support you or cry with you if that's what you need.

    ReplyDelete