Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Did I really say that???

I just re-read Marlo's post about the day of my surgery. I'm cracking up thinking that I quoted Stuart Smalley from Saturday Night Live. Seriously, I haven't seen that, thought about that or said that "affirmation" in a LONG time! That was so random...must have been the "heck, I don't care" drugs talking. Right before I left the hospital, one of the OR nurses came by to see me. I remember her talking to me right before they knocked me out. She reminded me that we were talking about Mexico and visualizing sitting on the beach with a pina colada in one hand and a margarita in the other. Now that's more like me. Marlo mentioned the rainbow in his post. I do remember the rainbow. As we backed out of our driveway to head to the hospital, we saw a wide-band rainbow stretching over the mountains as the sun came up. It was magical and gave me a sense of calm.

I felt pretty good today. I just realized that I haven't really seen my incision all day because I am wearing a crew neck t-shirt. I almost forgot it was there. I'm normally a v-neck gal, but I'm thinking the crew neck might be the way to go, especially on days when I wake up feeling a little blue.

Today I had lunch on an outside patio with my friend, Chris. It was sort of surreal. Really, was I sitting there? I had open-heart surgery less than 2 weeks ago. Nobody knew except Chris and I. It was like our secret. Life is going on "normal" for everyone. I ordered a frozen swirl margarita and sipped it throughout the entire 2-hour meal. A week ago, I was probably at my lowest point ever, dealing with extreme nausea and pain. But there I was, eating Mexican food and sipping a margarita.

Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment