Monday, July 2, 2012

Amy's Marathon-Heart Blog

It's been a few years since I blogged. I figured that after my surgery and recovery, my life was back to normal. Who wants to read about normal? But, I have some exciting news. I have been selected to a team to run the NYC Marathon on Nov. 4, 2012. I'm going to be running with Team Ritter to raise funds and awareness for the John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health (JRF). I have never run a marathon. My longest race was 10k. I am committed, though, to raising $3000 for the JRF, finishing the race in a respectable time, and getting back into training. The John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health provides support for individuals and families affected by aortic disease, works to increase awareness of aortic disease among the general public and the medical professionals, and raises funds to support education and research. This new chapter of Amy's Heart Blog will chronicle my training, thoughts about training, and any other thing I feel like talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment